Shozaburo Shimano establishes Shimano Iron Works. In February 1921, he opened Shimano Iron Works in Higashi Minato in Sakai City when he was 26 years old. On the site of a demolished celluloid factory, he rented a nearly 40-square-meter area. The monthly rent was 5 yen. At that time, the new establishment had only a single lathe, measuring about 1.8 meters long. He had borrowed that machine from Sano Iron Works, benefiting from his friendship with its owner.
Shimano are now the market leader when it comes to gears. Shimano is the parent brand, with brands for every disipline, from Alpine and Altus, to Ultegra and Deore.
Items 1-24 of 92
- Shimano Claris 8 Speed Double Road STI Brake/Gear Levers (ST-2400)£149.99Excellent Value Claris ST-2400 Dual Control Levers offer precise and controllable braking and shifting in a convenient single unit designed for the road Suitable for Double Chainwheel Set with 8 Speed Gearing
- Shimano Tiagra 10 Speed Double Road Gear Lever Pods - Flat Bar (SL-4600)£99.99The Tiagra SL-4600 Rapidfire Shifters are precise mountain bike style levers for road bikes fitted with flat handlebars and 10-speed road drivetrains Suitable for Flat Bar Road Bikes with Double Chainwheels & 10 Speed Gearing
- Shimano Ultegra 8 Speed Road Bar End Shifters (SL-6480)£57.99High Quality Ultegra Road Bike Bar End Mounted Shifters for convenient and reliable low-friction 8 speed shifting.
- Shimano Tourney 6 / 7 Speed MTB Triple Front Derailleur (FD-TZ30)£9.99MTB Front Derailleur with Top Swing, Bottom Pull Cable Routing and 28.6mm Clamp On Mount Suitable for 5 / 6 or 7 Speed Gearing Systems with 42 Tooth Outer Chain Ring.
- Shimano Tourney Hybrid 6 / 7 Speed Triple Front Derailleur (FD-TY500)£9.99Hybrid front derailleur, top swing, dual-pull and multi fit for 42T As part of Shimanos SIS dual indexed gear system, the TY-500 front derailleur delivers accurate shifts every time for 6 and 7 Speed drivetrains.
- Shimano Ultegra Caliper Road Brake Block Shoes (BR-6403)£9.99Shimano Caliper Brake Shoes for Ultegra, 105, RX100 or Exage Brake Calipers.
- Shimano Nexus Cassette Joint Unit (CJ-NX10 / Y74Y98050)£9.99Shimano Nexus Cassette Joint Unit. Genuine Replacement Shimano Spare for Shimano Nexus Inter-7 Gear Hubs.
- Shimano Outer Down Tube Cable Stops with Adjusters for Steel Frames (SM-CS50)£11.99Shimano Alloy Braze On Down Tube Cable Stops with Barrel Adjusters, designed to convert downtube shifters to handlebar mounted STI shifters.
- Shimano Tourney Hybrid 6 / 7 Speed Triple Front Derailleur (FD-TY510)£11.99Hybrid front derailleur, top swing, dual-pull and multi fit for 48T As part of Shimanos SIS dual indexed gear system, the TY510 front derailleur delivers accurate shifts every time for 6 and 7 Speed drivetrains.
- Shimano Tourney MTB 6 / 7 Speed Triple Front Derailleur (FD-TY510)£11.99MTB front derailleur, top swing, dual-pull and multi fit for 48T As part of Shimanos SIS dual indexed gear system, the TY510 front derailleur delivers accurate shifts every time for 6 and 7 Speed drivetrains.
- Shimano Tourney SIS Thumb Shifter Gear Lever (TX50)As low as £12.99Tourney TX50 Thumb Shifters provide accurate, easy gear changes for use with 6 speed or 7 speed drivetrains. Available as 6 or 7 Speed Sets or Individual Left Hand Shifters.
- Shimano Nexus 7 Speed Right Hand RevoShift Gear Shifter (SL-C3000)As low as £12.99Easy to Use Nexus Revoshift Twist Shifter for the Ultimate in Control. Suitable for use with Shimano Nexus 7 Speed Internal Hub Gear Systems.
- Shimano Deore 4 Arm / 104mm Steel Chain Ring (FC-M510)As low as £14.99Good Quality Steel Chainring from Shimano. Hardwearing Steel Chain Ring.
- Shimano Tourney 6 Speed Multiple Freewheel - 14-28T (MF-TZ20)£14.99Multiple 6 Speed freewheel, compatible with Mountain and Hybrid bikes.
- Shimano Nexus 8 Speed Right Hand RevoShift Gear Shifter (SL-8S31)£14.99Shimano Nexus 8 Speed Revo Shift Gear Shifter for use with Shimano Nexus 8 Hubs.
- Shimano Altus MTB 7 / 8 Speed Front Derailleur (FD-M310)£14.99Shimano Altus, wide link 7 or 8 Speed compatible dual pull multi-fit front derailleur for recreational off-road use
- Shimano Tourney 6 / 7 Speed MTB Mega-Range Rear Derailleur (RD-TY300)As low as £14.99The Tourney RD-TY300 MegaRange rear derailleur is ideal for low geared gear systems. Replacement for the Shimano Tourney RD-TX31 Rear Derailleur